Emerging from the Celtic lands, the ancient Céile Dé tradition leads us through the gap between our highest aspiration and our everyday reality. Even as we seek that which lies Beyond, we remain grounded in reverence for the Earth that gives us life and ever-births the Incarnation in our surrendered hearts. Suspended between Heaven and Earth, we follow our deep desire to unite the two in Christ and experience the transformative power of Love.
Sue Mosher, an ordained Céile Dé teacher, will offer an experiential introduction to the tradition's philosophy and time-tested practices for spiritual growth, including:
- Practicing rùn, the main Céile Dé contemplative method
- Using the ancient and powerful Gaelic sacred chants
- Observing the ancient holy days and seasons of the Gael
- Exploring the role of silence in spiritual growth
- Learning about a way of life that supports real transformation through meditation, devotion, inner witnessing, and development of the imaginal senses, the language of Anam or Soul
The retreat begins with dinner on Friday evening and concludes with an after-lunch session on Sunday. Our time together will include a traditional ceremony to mark the Spring Equinox.
Newcomers will have the opportunity to form a local group for ongoing practice, within a powerful container supporting those who seek a path of commitment and openness to real inner change.
The retreat will take place at the Our Lady of the Pines Retreat Center in Fremont, Ohio, on 63 wooded acres. Both commuter and residential options are available. Rooms are singles with shared bath.
Registration & Payment
You can register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card via PayPal (Sorry, you cannot make partial payments via PayPal at this time). Complete your registration online and then continue by clicking the PAY button.
- Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. You will receive an invoice by email.
- Print out the invoice and mail it with your $100 deposit to:
Termonn - East Coast Chapter
c/o Melinda Gardiner
5 Dawson Road
Hillsdale, NY 12529.
- Please make checks out to "Termonn - East Coast Chapter". Be sure to write "March 2016 Intro Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
- Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice.
- Your balance is due by March 1 and can be paid by mail or online.
Cancellations received before March 1 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after March 1.
Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to register before at least one month in advance and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
If you can afford it, please consider donating to the Termonn Trust to help others in need attend retreats.
To learn more about the Céile Dé tradition, visit www.ceilede.co.uk.
For more information about the workshop or questions about registration and payment, contact Sue Mosher at firstname.lastname@example.org or (571) 882-9189.
Nature is the face of God.
Spirit is the Invisible God.
In us, they become One.