The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat
Céile Dé annual residential teaching retreats are intensive, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. This also gives people who are following the tradition an opportunity to receive sufficient material to work with until their next annual teaching retreat.
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- Generally there are two sessions of around one hour's duration every morning, with a break between for silent reflection. Afternoons are a similar shape, but there is more time available to spend in quite reflection, either in Nature or indoors, as you wish.
- There is another meditation, or some other spiritual practice, before dinner.
- There is usually some free time after dinner - but optional events are available, giving retreatants the choice to rest a little - or stay intense!
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
Our annual gathering is a ‘Teaching Retreat’, because it is residential, the teaching sessions are supported by frequent contemplative practices, and a peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions in order to aid absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. You can read more about the culture of silence at our teaching retreats HERE.
St. Francis Springs Prayer Center
Our 2017 gathering will be housed in two brand-new cottages at this interfaith retreat center on 140 wooded acres, about 30 miles north of Greensboro, North Carolina. All rooms have private baths; we will take our meals in the main dining hall. For more information about St. Francis Springs, including driving directions, you can visit http://www.stfrancissprings.com.
Newcomers will have the opportunity for ongoing study and spiritual practice within existing Céile Dé groups that offer a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Registration & Payment Information
1) Register here online, but do not follow the link to pay online. You will receive an invoice by email.
2) Print out the invoice and mail it with your $100 deposit to:
Termonn - East Coast Chapter
c/o Melinda Gardiner
5 Dawson Road
Hillsdale, NY 12529
Please make checks out to "Termonn - East Coast Chapter". Be sure to write "2017 Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
3) Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice.
4) Your balance is due by June 1 and can be paid by mail or online.
Online: You can also register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card via PayPal. (Sorry, you cannot make partial payments via PayPal at this time). Complete your registration online, and then continue by clicking the PAY button.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before June 1 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after June 1.
Scholarships: Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to pay your deposit by mail before May 15 and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
Donations to Termonn Trust