Wed, Feb 28|
St. Francis Springs Prayer Center
2024 Southeast Teaching Retreat
Time & Location
Feb 28, 2024, 3:00 PM – Mar 03, 2024, 1:00 PM
St. Francis Springs Prayer Center, 477 Grogan Rd, Stoneville, NC 27048, USA
About the event
The Shape of a Céile Dé Teaching Retreat Céile Dé annual in-person teaching retreats are designed to be intense, deliberately so, in order to create conditions that people are generally unable to manifest by themselves at home and in their everyday lives. Our hope is that this environment will foster a greater ability to recognize one's habitual patterns and to absorb and respond to that which is transmitted in and with the teachings -- and that some of those effects will travel home with each retreatant. Typically:
- Days begin with meditation before breakfast.
- During the morning and afternoon, several hour-long sessions are devoted to teachings and to sharing insights and experiences related to the teachings, with breaks for silent reflection in between.
- We try to locate our retreats at venues with extensive grounds and include time in each day's schedule to engage with Nature, God's first scripture.
- There is another meditation or some other spiritual practice at midday and again before dinner.
- Usually, there is some free time after dinner, followed by optional evening sessions that give retreatants the choice to rest a little -- or stay engaged.
- Every day ends with a meditation around 9 pm, after which we go straight to bed, in the Great Silence, and hope for rich dreams after a day filled with soul nourishment.
We aim to hold silence at all times outside of sessions.
Our annual gathering is a ‘Teaching Retreat’, because it is residential, the teaching sessions are supported by contemplative practices throughout the day, and a peaceful silence is held at all times between teaching sessions and meals in order to support absorption of the powerful energies transmitted during teachings and practices. Please read about The Gift of Silence at Céile Dé Teaching Retreats.
St. Francis Springs Prayer Center
We are delighted to return in 2024 to this modern retreat center on 140 wooded acres, about 30 miles north of Greensboro, North Carolina. All rooms have private baths, mostly ensuite; we will take our meals in the main dining hall. For more information about St. Francis Springs, including driving directions, you can visit http://www.stfrancis.today.
Newcomers will have the opportunity for ongoing study and spiritual practice within existing Céile Dé groups that offer a powerful container for those who seek a path that invites commitment and openness to real inner change.
Registration & Payment Information
Places are limited. If the waiting list is in operation, and you wish to register, please add your name to the list, and we will contact you. We are offering both single and shared rooms this year. We ask that both parties name each other as roommates.
Your registration fee covers your own accommodations and the cost of travel and accommodations for an ordained Céile Dé teacher. A separate offering for the teachings themselves -- called Deercc in the Céile Dé tradition -- is expected from each retreatant at the conclusion of the retreat. For more information, please see Deercc: A Spiritual Practice ~ The Ancient Art of Giving.
Payment by mail:
- Register here online and choose Invoice Me. (Do not follow the link to online payment.) You will receive an invoice by email.
- Print out the invoice and mail it with your check to: Termonn - East Coast Chapter c/o Melinda Gardiner 162 North Mountain Road Copake Falls, NY 12517 Make the check payable to Termonn - East Coast Chapter. Be sure to write "2024 SE Teaching Retreat" in the memo line of your check.
- Your deposit and any other payments will be applied to your invoice.
- Your balance is due by January 10 and can be paid by mail or online.
Payment online: You can register and pay the total amount using a credit or debit card through PayPal. Complete your registration online, and then continue to the payments page by clicking the Pay Online button. (Sorry, but we can accept only full payments, not partial payments, via PayPal.)
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before January 10 will receive refunds of the amount paid, minus the $100 deposit. No refund will be made for cancellations after January 10, unless we can fill your place.
Scholarships: Scholarships for retreat registration costs (but not for travel expenses or deercc) are available as Termonn Trust funds allow. Be sure to register and pay your deposit by December 10 and follow the instructions on the Scholarships page on this website.
Donations to Termonn Trust
If you can afford it, please consider donating to the Termonn Trust to help others in need attend this teaching retreat.
For more information about the retreat, email email@example.com.
Single room with private bath for 4 nights and 12 meals. Deercc for teacher not included.$565.00
Shared room with private bath for 4 nights and 12 meals. Deercc for teacher not included. Please designate a desired roommate on the registration form.$440.00
Supporting but not attending
If you are a caimeach in a SE group and do not plan to attend the retreat, we ask you to register in this category to support the cost of bringing in a teacher.$70.00